January 3, 2013

Hopes and Goals for 2013


 This year instead of making "resolutions" I've just been thinking about what my hopes for the new year are.
Last year was the biggest year of our lives - becoming parents made the whole year busy, fresh and new. 
We didn't really have much structure in our life since we were just figuring out the whole parenting/baby-raising thing. 
This year is going to be so different than the last.
Our lives are moving and changing so quickly and this new year is going to bring so many new things. 
I'm not going to go into this new year with any expectations but rather let my doors be open and my perspective bright. Since becoming a mom I've definitely learned that you can't have expectations for anything and things are a lot easier to handle when you don't expect a certain outcome.

My biggest hope for this year is for my children to continue be healthy and happy.
We pray everyday for this new baby - that he/she will keep growing and be born big and strong just like Viv was.
My children are my goal for this year and all the years to come.
They are my number one priority and they always will be.
I hope that this year brings as much joy and happiness as last year brought us.
I hope for adventures and learning
 and dreaming and imagining. 

My goal for myself this year is to keep growing as a mother.
I want my children to continue to mold me into the mother that I am supposed to be. 
I want God to continue to show me how to be the mother that He has called me to be.
I want to be more patient.
I want to be happy in each moment and not think about all the other things I have to think about.
I want to be content with what I have and where I am in this life.
I want my happiness and joy of life to run over and reflect in my children and in my husband.
Becoming parents has made Josh and I closer than ever before in our marriage and I want that to continue.
I want us to keep loving and laughing and being free.

I hope and pray that we will be blessed with a job opportunity.
Finding a good and "real" job these days is hard but I have faith that it will work out for us.
We are ready and willing to go wherever we need to go to find a job that will provide stability.
In the next few months Josh is going to be working so hard at finishing up school and applying for jobs and internships. We will be moving away. We say we're going to the Virginia area but he is going to be sending applications out as far as Tampa so we don't really know where we're going to end up. It's easy to say that we're going to move to wherever we need to move to because we're up for the adventure and the challenges that this step is going to bring us. We're young, we're motivated, and most importantly we have to provide for our children. 
The hardest part is going to be leaving all of our family. 
I can't even think about that. 
I think it may break my heart to move away from my mom.
But I have to keep my babies and my husband in mind. 
We started this journey and moving to find work is just a small part of our big picture. 
So, my hope for this is that God will bring us and our family peace and understanding through this process.

I'm so ready for this year and all of the ups and downs it may will bring.
It's going to be a crazy ride...but that's what we signed up for right?


No comments:

Post a Comment