January 18, 2013

Pregnancy #2: Week 20


I think Viv might be coming down with something. 
She has a very slight fever, runny nose, and this morning she had the faintest rash on her belly.
She's acting completely normal though so I'm praying that it's just because she's pushing 4 molars through right now. 
So I wasn't sure how she was going to act when she woke up this morning so I snapped a couple pictures before she woke up in case she woke up sick and cranky and I didn't get a chance to do it later on. 


I had to do work to get my belly to look this big.
It's weird because at this point in my pregnancy with Viv I looked and felt so much bigger than I do now. 
I just feel like I should be showing more even though I'm not - so I stick that belly out as far as I can for pictures...I'm weird. 




Her size: She is about the size of banana right now! That seems pretty big to me - yay! She's around 7 inches and 10.5 ounces! Grow baby grow! 

How far along: 20 weeks! Halfway there! Time is going by so, so fast! 

Total weight gain: I gained 1 pound at my last doctor appointment (since my appointment before this one - so one month). 

Sleep: It's been hard to get to sleep lately because Penny kicks so hard at night - but I am loving feeling her so much all the time! It's my special time with her before I go to sleep. Other than that I'm not too uncomfortable yet. Sometimes I get up once in the night to use the bathroom but things aren't getting too crazy just yet. I'm loving the rest of my second trimester because I know how rough the third can be. 

Maternity clothes: None yet. I usually just wear a simple dress with leggings and a cardigan around the house. 

Cravings: I haven't had anything too specific this week. 

Aversions: None! 

Symptoms I have: None really. A few times my calve muscles have been sore - I'm a little scared about that because in my third trimester with Viv I would get killer muscle cramps in my calves a few times a week in the middle of the night. I would wake up screaming and crying - brutal! 

Doctor's appointment: I had another routine doctor visit on Tuesday (which I forgot about until 5 minutes before I had to leave). Nothing too exciting except for listening to Penny's heartbeat - that's always the best no matter how many times I hear it. Got my doctor's okay for flying to Florida in a few weeks - yes! 

Movement: I always feel her moving around! I love it so much. I think that since my belly isn't growing as fast as it did with Viv that I can feel her a lot more, earlier. When I lay down I can already feel with my hand if it's her legs kicking me or her little hands pushing. 

Belly button: No change yet. 

Gender: GIRL! I still can't believe we're having another baby girl. I'm excited every day and we're always talking about our daughters. It's always been my dream to have daughters AND have them close in age. 

Best moment of the week: I don't know if I have a best "pregnancy" moment of the week but I have a favorite "mama moment" of the week! Viv learned to climb on things (like the couch, her rocking chair) and it's so adorable to see the pride in her eyes when she accomplishes what she's doing. She beams with happiness! And so do I...

Looking forward to: June! I can't wait to meet our new little girl and bring her home! I can't wait to have a newborn during the summertime. 

What I miss: I told Josh yesterday that all I want is a huge iced coffee. I miss my daily iced coffees. Decaf is not my style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment