May 20, 2013

Pregnancy #2: 37 Weeks!



Oh, you guys...
I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over!
I mean, I wore bicycle shorts under my dress this morning to church because I couldn't bear to wear pants, I've been living in maxi dresses and skirts and am starting to feel like an old lady because of it, and all my other dresses and skirts are too short because my belly is SO big! 
So, there are my excuses for this train-wreck of an outfit.
Ugh and my poor, poor legs are in desperate need of some sun and some working out!

Okay, onto some real pregnancy stuff maybe?


It's been a few weeks since I've updated more than just brief little things (which I regret because when I was pregnant with Viv I barely updated at all by the end and I wish that I had!).
I'm still going to the doctor once a week for a regular check-up, once for a non-stress test and every other week for an ultrasound. 
My amniotic fluid levels are still elevated but Penny is in position and has dropped so a lot of the delivery risks go way down if the baby is in position (phew!).
I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check my fluid levels one more time and if they're still elevated then I will have to be induced on either May 30th or 31st - if the fluid levels have gone down and are normal then we won't have to induce.
Honestly, I hate the idea of an induction but I will absolutely do whatever needs to be done to make sure that Penny has a safe and healthy delivery. 
My doctor wants to induce by my due date (June 7th) though anyway because Baby is measuring pretty large and we don't want her not to fit through the birth canal (I almost needed an emergency c-section with Viv because she was so big 1 week past her due date).
So, I will know for sure tomorrow if Penny is coming on May 30th or June 7th! 
Or, if she decides to come anytime from now - her due date would be perfectly okay with me too!

We have everything ready for our new sweet daughter to come home and I'm starting to feel so stress-free. 
We have the girls' room settled and so cozy, the cradle is set up by my bed side and ready, pack-n-play is set up with the bassinet attachment in the living room, swing is together, diapers are supplied, baby tub is washed, all Penny's clothes are washed and put away...hmm anything else?
The only things left to do is just superficial house work but I've been super OCD about cleaning lately so I'm not worried about that. 
We have a bunch of stuff to drop off at Josh's parents house to store in their basement but that will only take a few minutes to do.
Penny's hospital bag is packed and I know what things I want to pack for myself so that will only take a second.
The only thing that I really wish that I had is this sling but I haven't been able to drop almost $100 on it with everything else we've needed - so that's a little sad but hopefully we'll be able to get it soon!

I'm really feeling like I want to switch pediatricians for both the girls before Penny is born. 
I've never been happy with the one that we have and I really don't want to be taking Penny there now too.
He's just so gruff and impatient. 
Ugh. 
So I have to makes a few calls today and see what I can figure out!




Her Size: Well, 2.5 weeks ago she was almost 6.5lbs so by now she's at least 7.5lbs but since she's been gaining so fast I wouldn't be surprised if she was closer to 8lbs! We'll find out tomorrow though. 

How Far Along: 37 weeks, 4 days! Getting SO close! This is crazy!!

Total Weight Gain: The other day I calculated only gaining 22 pounds....but then by the evening I had gained almost 15 in water weight alone (just that day!). I've been having terrible swelling due to the excess amniotic fluid and  it's been driving me crazy! My legs and feet are always so sore from all the fluid and I even had to take off my wedding rings already! 

Sleep: Most nights I sleep great but there have been some nights lately that I'm up about 5 times to use the bathroom or move pillows around or just because I'm restless. I feel like I'm getting enough decent sleep though and often I will nap during the day with Viv which helps a lot. 

Maternity Clothes: Back to none. The maternity jeggings that I had been living in are a little too tight to be comfortable now since I'm swelling so much. It's been getting really hot out lately too so I'm really preferring skirts and dresses anyway. 

Cravings: Anything super cold and icy! 

Aversions: I haven't had much of an appetite still - Penny is just taking up too much room and whenever I eat anything I just feel crappy. 

Symptoms I Have: I was having the most severe heartburn ever for so many weeks and now all of a sudden it's gone and I haven't had any in over a week! I've been having a ton of Braxton Hicks and a few more severe contractions. Whenever I walk too much I start to contract and get so uncomfortable. Also, the swelling is driving me crazy like I keep saying lol. 

Doctor's Appointment: Tomorrow morning we have an ultrasound to measure my fluid levels again and then a regular appointment for my NST and check-up and also to schedule my induction!

Movement: She is still constantly moving around and stretching out! My belly is relatively small for how big Penny is so I'm sure she must be a little squished in there. Sometimes I feel like she's just going to break right out of my belly! 

Best Moment of the Week: Getting Penny's cradle all set up in our room! It's so cozy and sweet! 

Looking Forward To: Having this baby!!

What I Miss: Running and playing in the grass with Viv without a huge belly in the way or having to think about being careful, easily walking places and being able to bend over, having clothes fit me....oh my, I think I could go on forever...




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness not long to go - does sound like she's ready to make a move :-)

    I would love to see you - if you can make it - at this week's Friday Baby Shower party, Alice x

    ReplyDelete