November 4, 2013

Our New Home: The First Few Days




To say that we're enjoying our new home would be an understatement.
We've only been here a couple days and already we're adjusted and so happy!
I thought that it might take awhile for the girls to settle in to the new surroundings and the big size of the house, but the first day here they were completely content.
They've actually been sleeping longer and Viv has hardly had a single tantrum. 
It's so nice to have a big space to live in rather than the tiny apartment that we were so used to for so long. 
Viv plays outside and has so much space inside to run and play. 
I already don't know how we survived before without a basement!

We've been doing a lot of work since we moved in so things aren't really settled yet.
The colors in the house were all very dark, they were nice, but just not really my style so we've been painting non-stop.
I decided to go with white everywhere in the house, I love the crisp, clean brightness that it brings.
we're almost done with the first floor of the house and then next week we'll be working on the upstairs.





I'm so excited to start unpacking more things and decorating!
I live for decorating and creating things so I am in heaven right now. 
I started a few projects today that are going to be so great.
Creating is so healing and relaxing for me.

I'm so thankful for this season in our life.
This new chapter for the girls.
Life is exciting right now and I couldn't be happier. 
I can't wait to start getting ready for decorate for the holidays over the next few weeks and start having family and friends over for parties and play dates and tea.

Life is simple and so, so beautiful. 









xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment