March 27, 2012

My Two Month Blogging Vacation...


Oh, hello there!
No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth - just took a little vacation to enjoy Vivienne!
I was thinking of not blogging at all anymore - this protective I don't want my kid on the internet side of me came out - but I enjoy blogging and connecting with other mommy's, sharing with family, etc so...here I am, back again!

I suppose I have a lot to catch up on, huh?
 Viv is 7 weeks old so I have a lot to talk about - but I'll try and keep it short and sweet and not over-whelming!

Sleeping
Since day one of being home, Vivienne has slept through the night like an angel.
For the first 5 weeks she would go to sleep at 10 every night and sleep until 5am, nurse and fall back to sleep until 9. 
Now though she's getting a little more picky about bedtime - she sleeps in bed with us so pretty much when she wants to go to sleep - we have to go to sleep. The past two weeks she has a little fit if she's not in bed by 7:30/8pm - which is fine by us because Josh gets up at 5am for work so we go to bed early anyway. She still wakes up around 5am when Josh gets up to leave and I nurse her then we fall back asleep until about 8am. So she generally sleeps 12 hours a night with only 2-3 feedings during the night. We just lay in bed and nurse so I never have to get up except to change her diaper once or twice.
She can't go to sleep on her own though - she needs to be nursed to sleep and can't soothe herself. We've been talking about trying to ween her from sleeping with us to help her learn to sleep on her own...but at the same time I feel like I should keep her in bed with us since it works so well for all of us to get good sleep every night. She has her whole life to be independent and right now she needs her mommy. So we'll see what happens; I'll probably just keep her in bed with us and let her learn to self-soothe at her own pace.

Growing 
I exclusively breastfeed and it's my favorite thing in the world! 
It was hard emotionally at first - the first week she was getting a shallow latch and I didn't realize. Blistered and bloody nipples are the worst. I cried for about 4 days because of the pain. After about a week though everything got better and we haven't had a problem since!
It's been hard for me to accept that I've gone from a 34B bra size to a 36D - I HATE having huge boobs! 
The things we do for our kids, eh?
When Viv was born she weighed 9lbs 6oz and was 21 inches long. Now at 7 weeks old she weighs 15lbs 3oz and is 24 1/2 inches long! Apparently breastfeeding really is the best! 
She is wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes and some 6 months. We have WAY too many clothes for her - she's never going to be able to wear them all before she outgrows the sizes...so hopefully we have more girls in the future!


Being a mother is the best thing ever. I'm so Blessed to be able to stay at home with Vivienne and care for her every moment of the day. I've never known such a fierce love as that for my daughter. The need to always protect and shelter her is ever-present - I've become such a mama bear.

Viv's birth was so wonderful.
I labored for 23 hours and pushed for almost 3.
She was so big and if it wasn't for having such an amazing doctor I probably would have had to have a C-section because her head was almost too big for my pelvis.
(I hope to share my birth story someday soon)
I bounced back to normal within a day or two.
I only bled heavily for about 24 hours and then barely at all after that.
Within 2 days I had no pain or soreness and within 2 weeks I was below my pre-pregnancy weight.
When I checked into the hospital they weighed me and I was at a whopping 172 pounds! When we left the hospital (32 hours after delivery) I was down to 151 and now 7 weeks postpartum I'm down to 132. 40 freaking pounds lost - holy...! I'm almost 5'8" so my height helps distribute things a little bit better. My tummy still is "soft" and I have a little bit of a love handle but I'm hoping to get rid of that with working out and walking the baby once the weather gets a little warmer...hahaha did I just say "work out?!" - I can dream can't I?

Anyway, now that you're pretty much all caught up with the boring stuff...
I'll probably have a few posts to catch up with photos but after that I'm going to try and blog religiously. It's a nice outlet for me and I know my family likes to know what's going on with our lives. I'm going to try and get some good weekly segments going and keep a schedule - go me!

 2 days old ^


7 weeks old ^




No comments:

Post a Comment