May 9, 2012

Dear Vivienne


Dear Vivienne, 
My sweet angel baby.
I wish you could know the great love that I feel every moment of every day for you. 
They say that you'll never know a bigger love until you have a child and that couldn't be more true. 
Every smile melts my heart - and you are always smiling.
Your happiness is the brightest light. 
Sometimes I want to keep you locked up with me forever so that you don't have to experience all of the awful things in this world. I want to keep you sheltered and safe. 
But then I remember that the reason you are here is to be a light in this dark world. To make the world a better place, to share your happiness and love. 
I want you to do small things with great love - as Mother Teresa once said.
Whatever you do, put your all into it.
I want you to feel the same kind of fierce love as I feel for your daddy and that I feel for you.
I want you to laugh and sing and dance.
I want you to grow and do all of the things that you want to do.
I want you to be the best that you can be, no matter what it is that you are doing. 
I want you to believe that you can do things and do them! 
I want you to imagine and create.
There is no one who has the same imagination as you do - so use it and use it often.

No matter what, my love for you will never stop or fade. 
I will never love you less because of any mistakes that you make.
We all make mistakes along the way and they are what makes you who you are.
They will make you stronger and wiser.
I will always be there for you.
For you to talk to.
For you to cry with.
For you to be silent with.
I will always. 

Love, 
Mama



2 comments:

  1. your fishtails looks so pretty!

    this letter was so beautiful and sweet. : )

    ReplyDelete