December 27, 2012

Pregnancy #2: Week 16


Well, tomorrow I'll be 17 weeks but Christmas was so busy that I didn't get a chance to post this last week. 
It was a little weird being pregnant for the second Christmas in a row.
I kept thinking of how it was last year when I was 8 months pregnant and imagining this year with a baby.

Baby is about the size of an avocado! (Or at least she/he was last week - maybe a little bigger now!)
We find out the gender of this sweet baby on January 10th!
I'm freaking out just a little - I'm so excited to know if Viv is going to have a brother or a sister!



Nothing has really changed in the past few weeks - I still feel great and have a ton of energy!
I've had a lot of new cravings and aversions to a few foods.
The other night we were having a salad and all of a sudden I couldn't even look at it - I've tried to have a salad two other times and the same thing has happened! 
I've become addicted to Vanilla Coke from a can, bad I know...

I went to the doctor for my monthly check-up last week and I had lost 12 pounds since my last appointment a month previous. My doctor isn't concerned though and says it's fine to keep breastfeeding - thank goodness! 
On Christmas morning i was chewing gum and it got stuck to the filling on a broken molar I have and ripped the filling out. I cried all day on Christmas at my mom's and was in the worst pain of my life. By dinnertime I was able to get off the couch and pretend I was alright but I couldn't eat much because of the pain. Since then I haven't been able to eat much at all and I've lost another 5 pounds just in three days. So that's 17 pounds that I've lost so far during this pregnancy. If I wasn't pregnant I would be so happy about losing all this weight but because I'm nursing and growing a baby it's really starting to worry me. I guess though if the doctor says everything is great then I shouldn't worry, right?

I feel the baby kicking and moving around all the time! 
It's so fun because I was so much farther along when I felt Viv moving around.
At night when I'm in bed is when I feel the most movement - same for when I was pregnant with Vivy. 

Baby always has a fast heartbeat, which they say means it's a girl but I don't listen to all those old-wives tales - they were wrong every time in my first pregnancy but it's still fun to hear what people say.

I guess that's it for this week.
Things are boring up until the third trimester!



No comments:

Post a Comment