April 5, 2013

Welcoming Spring



Yesterday afternoon after we got home from brunch Josh checked his email and saw that he had yet another cancelled class! Yippee! 
So, since we still had the whole day left with nothing to do we decided to all take a little nap together and then hit up Hamlin Beach State Park for the first time this year! 
By the afternoon the weather had peaked to almost 60 degrees and the sun was shining!
Our first trip to the beach usually signifies that Spring has sprung so we were beyond thrilled to go and run around and go for some hikes!









I've said it before but I think that with all these pictures of my little girl playing in the dirt and sand I need to say it again: my princess is such a tomboy!
She lives for playing in the dirt, picking up sticks and rocks and exploring!
I'm so laid back about these things.
I get freaked out when it comes to kids laying on floors of stores, or putting their mouths on restaurant tables, and things like that but when it comes to nature I don't really bat an eye.
I think I'm so laid back because I grew up around so many people who didn't let their kids do anything like that and my mom was always very into letting us play outside and adventuring.
I love seeing Viv learn what sand is, what sticks are, what it's like to get dirty and touch leaves and grass.
It's amazing to see her reaction to things and learn so quickly! 





After our long day of exploring and being outside we all came home and got cleaned up, made a big dinner and then sent Daddy off to his night class.
It was such a fun day of surprises that we didn't expect and soaking up the spring sun was the very best.
I think it's safe to say that spring is officially here in Western New York as the weather forecast is showing highs in the 50s for the next 10 days! 
It's about time!
I already can't wait to get outside again - in fact, I think I'm going to take Viv for a nice long walk after lunch! 

Enjoy your day and Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment