October 22, 2013

3 Years Ago





Three years ago I married my best friend. 
I know, that's what everyone says, right?
It's true though.
This boy was my closest friend and my biggest love.
He was there through my awkward, moody teen years.
He was there through heartbreaks and broken friendships.
He made me smile and laugh with every move he made.
He helped me pay my bills and pumped my gas when I was in college.
He stayed up throughout countless nights talking to me about nothing...and everything.
He pulled pranks on me.
He chased me through parking lots, along beaches, and through fields of wildflowers.
He played with my hair.
He told me the truth...always.
There were never any closer friends.

Then one day, we were us
We were perfectly, crazy us.
Together.
We had lived for so long...inseparable and melded at the heart, but then one day, it was different.
Our friendship was awakened and went soaring.
We were just kids.
And we still are, really, but we knew with every fiber of our being that we were each others other.
We knew since we met.

I thank God every single day for the friendship that we had before we started dating.
It's what brought us to where we are today and made us who we are together.

Never for one second has that passion and wild love been quieted.
Each day is more beautiful than the next when we're together. 
I ache for him when he's away.
That crazy boy that I met by chance one summer.
The boy with the yellow eyes and the wild heart. 

I am forever thankful for him.

Happy Three Years, Darling. 



"My Beloved is mine, and I am his."
Song of Solomon 2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment