August 30, 2011

It's A....!


Today was the big day!
We had our Anatomy Scan this afternoon and it was the most incredible moment of our lives.
Josh hadn't seen our Little One yet and I had only seen once at 7 weeks.
I woke up extra early this morning and got all ready hours before we had to leave. I just couldn't wait!
We had the sweetest ultrasound technician and she couldn't wait to tell me the gender because I was so giddy. 
First we just kind of looked around at Baby - measuring all the little parts. 
Josh was adorable - looking in awe at the screen watching our little baby move around. 
After about 10 minutes of looking at our precious little person our technician goes:
"you're having a little girl!"
and wham! 
I gasped the biggest, loudest gasp as if I had been drowning underwater and just came up to fill my lungs with air, covered my mouth and began to cry. 
I don't think I can ever express in words how I felt in that moment. 
I loved that our tech just blurted it out with no warning.
I have been so sure that we had a little boy in there.
This was the biggest, greatest shock and Blessing of my life by far.
"We are having a baby girl!" 
I keep saying this over and over because I still can't believe it.
A girl! A girl!
We are pretty much 100% set on a name for her:
Vivienne Charles
We both love the name Vivienne 
((Vivienne: Full of Live. Alive))
And Charles after both of our grandfathers and we love using it for a girl. 
Sounds kind of Royal don't you think?
If she were a princess: Princess Vivienne Charles. ha! 
My little princess.



Seeing our little girl was such a joy.
Her tiny fingers and toes were the most precious part about her. 
I can't wait to eat them up with mommy kisses.
She was moving around like a little wiggle worm and sucking on her hand.
She was cozied up to the placenta the whole time (as pictured above) as if she were trying to cuddle. 
I can't wait to snuggle my little girl.
We are the happiest parents-to-be that there could be.
Our hearts so filled with love and thankfulness.
The Lord knew that I needed a little daughter and I felt that this morning. 
Last night I again dreamed of having a baby girl and this morning I felt the Lord saying He was going to give her to me - and He did. 
Praise God for all of His Blessings! 

P.S.
I have a friend who used to go to the same church as me growing up.
A few years ago she got married and she and her husband moved to California. 
They have an adorable little girl and recently she found out she is pregnant with her second little bundle of joy!
She is only about 2 weeks further along than I am and today, across the country from each other, we both had the same kind of ultrasound and we both saw our babies! 
God is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment