September 29, 2011

Today is a day for snuggles and naps.
Fall is here and so are afternoon rain showers and crisp air.
Although we are struggling with adjusting to new routines, making ends meet financially, preparing ourselves for parenthood...My heart couldn't be happier with my life.
I am content.
I am grateful for the burst of energy that God has given me over the past few weeks and thankful that He is now telling my body that I can rest and enjoy this baby girl who is growing inside me. 
I have no energy to do anything and I love it. 
I love feeling like it's okay to just nap the day away, talk to my little girl in my belly, and just enjoy this time.
Vivienne is kicking big, strong kicks and it's amazing. 
I love watching my belly move around.
Fabienne (dog) knows there's a baby in there too - her new favorite spot is curled up close to Mommy's belly listening to the tiny thunder noises of little feet against my body. Her ears perk up every time she feels or hears a movement and looks at me like "Mom, the baby is awake again!"
Our stuff is still sitting on the floor in boxes - but it's okay - I'm enjoying. 

Today Josh is home all day and we have just been in bed snuggling with our cuddle puppy and loving every second of peaceful relaxation together. 
I can't wait to make a hot dinner tonight and sip on a cup of tea and snuggle some more. 

Treasure the simple things, my friends...you'll never get these moments back.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely entry for today, Darling Jorda! You are a talented writer!! Hey, maybe you take after your Memaw. :-) However you write way better than her!!
    Love you so much, baby doll. <3

    ReplyDelete