August 14, 2012

A Little Vacation



A couple weeks ago Viv and I went to the Finger Lakes for vacation with Joshua's family.
We left on a Friday and Josh came on Sunday after he worked the weekend.
It was so weird not to have him around for 2 days! It was the first time we had been away from each other since we got married almost 2 years ago!
It was SO nice to have a little getaway.
We went to Keuka Lake in Penn Yan which is only about an hour and a half from home - perfect distance.
Josh's family rented a huge, gorgeous cottage right on the lake with a big yard and dock on the water. 
A lot of his aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents came up too - it was a blast!
I love that all of his family is so much fun to be around!

We ate lots of delicious food, swam, laughed and just enjoyed the beautiful summertime and loved ones.
Josh and I went on a couple dates with our girl out to lunch and for ice cream.
We watched a lot of Olympics.
Went to bed by 9:30 most nights.
Played games and had bon fires.
So fun.

Vivienne was a total trooper. 
I'm never afraid to take her places or do new things because she just loves everything.
She loves to see new things and meet new people.
Towards the end of the trip things started to get harder with her though because she started to get thrush (which we didn't know what it was at the time).
I started to get a little antsy because she was uncomfortable and we left a day before we had planned - I had a Mama-feeling that I needed to get the her home and back to a normal schedule...and I'm glad I did because that night her thrush went wild and we had to take her to the doctor. 
She was also teething her two top teeth the whole time!




Her grandma got lots of new toys and the cutest little mermaid pool!




















Josh brought a huge blow up water slide that was soo fun...perks of having family in the party rental business ;)















On the way home we stopped for some froyo.
My favorite!




----

Josh and I are both turning 21 in a few days and I can guarantee there will be lots of fun to be had!

Enjoy your week!






No comments:

Post a Comment