April 1, 2013

Pregnancy #2: Week 30


Well, we've had a whirlwind few weeks since I posted last about this pregnancy.
In the time since I did my last preg post I went from having the worst week ever to being back to feeling fantastic!
On the morning of the Friday before last I woke up with excruciating leg cramps and started going down hill from there.
For an entire week my body was so sore I could barely move or even roll over in bed. 
My hips, pelvis, legs, back, everything just ached and hurt.
I had a doctor's appointment on the 26th and I was so glad to go since I had so much to talk to my doctor about.
I had also been worrying because my belly hadn't had much growth in quite a few weeks and I was a lot smaller than I was at this point with Viv. 
My appointment left me rather sullen.
My uterus hadn't grown at all since my last visit 3 weeks earlier and according to my doctor it's supposed to be growing at 1cm per week right now.
So, I was measuring at around 26 weeks instead of 29. 
We scheduled an ultrasound just to make sure that everything is okay and that Penny is still growing like she's supposed to be. 
I go for that this coming Wednesday and I can't wait because I keep worrying even though I know everything is fine.
The doctor isn't worried and thinks that Penny is just going to be a "normal" sized baby instead of the 10 pound Viv that I had - so that's good to hear.

Over the weekend though I had a ton of energy and am feeling back to my normal energetic self and couldn't be happier! 
My belly seems to have grown majorly since my doctor visit and I'm so excited! 
I go to the doctor every 2 weeks now so I'm at the point of knowing that things are happening SOON!

I can't believe that we only have just over 2 months to go!
It's getting so surreal! 
We still have SO much to do to get ready for a new baby but now that Easter and all of it's busyness is over we're going to start working on preparing for her.
We're ordering Viv a toddler bed (which I'll leave for a separate post on why we've decided to go that route so early - also, potty training!!) this week and hopefully starting on a new schedule.
We still have to order (and pick out) a double stroller, bassinet, and a few other little things.
Oh, and the biggest thing we have to do before Baby comes...get a new vehicle!!
Our car literally could not fit two car seats in it so we really have no choice but to find something else.
I'm pretty excited about that and just hoping that we can find something to suit us and that we can afford!

I'm hoping the nice weather stays now that it's April even though today it was snowing when we woke up!
I'm so ready to be outside every day!





No comments:

Post a Comment